AD

Friday, April 29, 2016

April Update

Lately, I've been feeling stressed. I have rehearsals two days a week for "That's the Way of the World" in addition to working and squeezing in auditions. Today, I had a first (two commercial auditions in one day). But I welcome being this busy!

At least they were in the same city -- Austin, which is a little over a two-and-a-half-hour drive for me. The first one was in the morning, then I had to wait around for several hours for the next one.  The second one lasted all of two minutes.  Then I was on the road again to go back to Houston.  By the time I got home, I was exhausted. For the most part, I feel good about both of them.  If I don't book either one of them, I'm still blessed and thankful for getting more auditions than I did in North Carolina. So I guess my new head shot is working.

Since I joined my new agency, Tory Christopher Group, I have been asked to audition consistently -- which is an improvement from every two or three months.  I must have a commercial look, because all of my auditions so far have been for TV commercials and print ads.  I can't wait until I actually book one.

I've been bummed that I had to miss a couple of auditions because of my job. But I always feel better when I get an email for auditions to replace them and seem to work out better with my schedule.  Just this week, I had to forgo one for a movie that will film in Dallas.  That one kind of hurt.  But at least familiar casting directors are inviting me back, and I am meeting new ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment