AD

Friday, January 31, 2014

Now I’m depressed

When I get the call or email that I have booked an acting gig, I am ecstatic. I will have one more credit to add to my resume, network with some cool actors and crew members, and have a lot of fun doing something I adore. On the big day, I’m nervous but still really excited. After hearing “That’s a wrap,” I’m drained. However, a few days later I experience somewhat of a depression. The thrill is gone.

I’m not sure if it is because I’m coming down from an emotional high or what, but sometimes I get really melancholy and want to be on a set – any set. Panic sets in and I start wondering if it will take a while to get something else. I start submitting my headshot and resume for jobs more. I may even submit for jobs that I had passed over previously.

I used to think something was wrong with me, but other actors experience this too. My patience wears thin and when I don’t book anything as quickly as I’d like, I start questioning why I’m even pursuing acting. It’s silly, I know, but I can really work myself into a tizzy.

If I haven’t booked anything after a few weeks, I am at peace and start thinking rationally again. I’m proud of myself. My resume isn’t loaded with tons of jobs, but I’m astounded every time I peek at my resume. I become thankful for what I have accomplished so far. And my passion for acting is renewed.  Never give up on your dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment